Thursday, March 5, 2009

Education Seminar

The Education Seminar proved to be educational. Although I have had my share of interviews in my day, I believed that I could certainly benefit from the intensive information provided at this seminar. Such was the case. There was much helpful information to be had at the panel presentation, and the mock interview format helped take the edge off prior to the "real" screening interviews. I appreciate all the time and effort put forth for the benefit of our cohorts, and the CUESTE and the lone MS candidate. (Did I miss anyone?)
Although I always feel guilty when I am not actively working on homework, and I always hate missing any time away from my students, there was definite value in this preparatory activity. And who knows? It might even help me get a job.

4 comments:

  1. I also feel that the interviews helped out a bunch. Being in the interviews with people from other cohorts and programs i have realized that the CUESTE Program is lacking in some of the areas that we benefit from. On is classroom management. I was in an interview where it seemed that i knew the right answer but the other programs seemed to struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Laurie! I agree with you, the ed seminar was very beneficial, and educational. It's nice to get a refresher every now and then on the interview process. Nice mock-interviewing with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Words I try to live by are "you learn something everyday if you pay attention." An addendum is "you learn more with your ears open and your mouth shut." The last part is where I have trouble. But I digress. I was determined to learn as much as I could from the Education Seminar, even though I was exhausted and stressing over undone homework. If nothing else, I have a lot of notes of things to put in cover letters, resumes, and some interview responses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't there, but it sounds like I missed a good event. That kind of experience can really help you feel comfortable when it comes time for a real interview.

    ReplyDelete